Thursday, May 20, 2010

HONG KONG KUEK!

The eldest sister recently came back from the land where the Four HEavenly Kings still reign and where TvB dramas' the CORE contribution to the country's GDP. ( sorry had to put my knowledge from econs class to use someday)..

During her trip, she sent over a postcard, which ironically arrived at our doorstep a day after she set foot in Home Sweet Home. " the pork chops here are AWESOME" writes she on the dampen postcard from the rainstruck mailbox.

It was her way of torturing our palates, forcing us to imagine the scrumptiousness of pork chops/burgers and HK dim sums that could never ever sample without the cost of a plane ticket.

Anyway, what she couldn't bring back tangibly was compensated with egg rolls, biscuits, liquor filled chocolates that almost set my throat on fire and ......








Instant QUAILS EGGS.


 insideeeee...





I know that reaction of yours. 


Thats what I thought too..

It also proves the point that, advertisements as always never fail to deceive humankind




Was rather reluctant to bite into that dark substance, but  I blamed it on hunger pangs. 


Mustered all my guts, winced and hesitated a lil before I nibbled

It WAS .... surprisingly....

Very much like the herbal eggs we get back here!!

 only smaller, and the eggs are pretty springy not soft.

Its edible ppl!

AND.. she got me a new black dress all the way from HK :) , which i'm still figuring how to put on... ( if you see it you will understand what I'm talking about)

2 comments:

  1. any eggs left for me to try? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahha sorry.. the sister finished it all! its not all great actually.. so u didn't miss much =)

    ReplyDelete