Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tis' the season to be fleshy~*

Despite the joyous moments of  Christmas and what the holiday season brings about.. one can't doubt that it is also the season of gluttony and more gluttony..which I've never repented for.. gosh.. that's like tonnes of committed sins accumulated throughout the years! God forgive me? :)

The holidays have been refreshing with an awesome camp and tonnes of gatherings.




The camp with a bunch of crazies ;)

pic's a courtesy of alvin boey.

Its an irony how we tend to be busier during the holidays than college-days, even my eye circles are resembling more as those of a panda's... heee


On the other hand, the grand opening of a  new dessert place a min walk away from church made this Christmas sweeter than the rest :)

Its called the "Ice Room", which serves super pretty flavoured shaved ice topped with all sorts of toppings.





Black n White Sesame Topping




Se-toh-belli topping

It melts it your mouth and makes u go oh lala.. BUT...its pretty expensive for a bowl of almost-heaven. Totalling to 8 bucks per bowl of ice, you might think twice paying that much for merely flavoured ice.

10 years back, the mamak uncle would never imagine how a revolutionize ais kacang would make a fortune just by doing some minor adjustments to its flavouring and toppings. Albeit the cut-throat price, it would be worth it if you dine here occasionally. Sharing with others helps ease the burden of emptying the pockets. =)

Ice Room is also really one of a kind. Well, which restuarant would allow almost an entire group of youth to fill its place with their ear deafening laughter and chatter?





yea. i'm the one with hair all over the table. dun ask me why



This place even allows you the liberty of playing cards for hours and hours.







What more can you ask from a restaurant really..?




So come visit FGA Cheras one Sunday and after that we could have some ice at Ice Room ;)

10 comments:

  1. WOWWWWWWW the ice-creams look soo goooooddddd!! i wanna go..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's shaved ice haha. come come visit cheras!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyy,Happy New Year to u too!!
    Me just got back in Singapore hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. next time show me the place!
    they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ZL: let me know, we can go together =)

    Ban: Hey will you be coming back for CNY??

    Eric: Sorry, currently not interested. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, of course! I'll be back for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oi! wei-li wats ur fb url?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Wei-Li =D!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR =D!

    I loved the cookies from Japan in your earlier post! Haha and the pic of camp is so cute too =D!

    What happened to your fb account ya? I can't find you on fb and I saw your msn personal message.

    I'm still not sure whether I'll be going to Aus for my 3rd year but will have to decide soon..probably within the next 2 weeks. Otherwise I'll stay on in HELP or go to another uni like Monash or something. Sem starts next week huh? What subs are you taking :)?

    Oh btw you got my sms right? I was in Bangkok for a holiday, came back last Sat :).

    Really hope to see ya soon and catch up =)! Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heyz Les! nooo didn't get ur text at all! Hey let me decide for u.. just stay in HELP .. Aug is many months away... =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha if only the lecturers at HELP were all okay.. I mean some are really NOT okay, if you know what I mean ;). Oh the intake for Aus is in Feb lah not Aug ;).

    ReplyDelete